What is a Cement Foaming Agent?
Concrete/cement foaming agent indicates an admixture that may decrease the surface stress of liquid and produce a considerable volume of uniform and secure foam, that is employed to produce foam concrete.
The foaming agent is a substance that may make its aqueous solution produce a massive quantity of foam when mechanical force is introduced directly into the air. This type of material is a surfactant or surface-active material. The essence of the Cement foaming agent is its surface-active effect. Without surface activity, foaming cannot occur, and it cannot turn into a foaming agent. Surface activity will be the core of foaming.
The function of cement foaming agent
The key function of a cement foaming agent is to promote the foaming of cement paste to create lightweight concrete. Cement foaming agents can produce bubbles through chemical reactions, creating the cement slurry to get a huge number of pores during the construction process, thereby reducing the density of concrete and rendering it lightweight, with thermal insulation, heat insulation, sound absorption, as well as other excellent properties.
Cement foaming agents can also increase the mechanical properties of concrete, enhance its compressive strength and tensile strength, and improve its durability and frost resistance. Additionally, cement foaming agents can also increase the fluidity and plasticity of concrete, making it easier to construct and shape.
12 features and features of foaming agent
- It provides compressive strength and anti-aging properties: Although traditional chemical insulation materials can achieve thermal insulation effects, their compressive strength and anti-aging properties have not been able to meet the requirements. Lightweight foamed cement can totally solve this problem. , a substitute for traditional insulation materials
- It is lightweight: its density can reach 200-1600kg/m3, which effectively cuts down on the load of the building.
- Good high-temperature resistance: The applicable temperature of foamed cement can reach above 250-300C, as the benzene board will soften and undergo chemical reactions above 75C.
- Boost the stability and life of the insulation layer: The foamed cement thermal layer has a high level of stability and anti-aging properties, effectively making certain the indoor floor is flat and not cracked. Its lifespan is 5.10 times those of the benzene board. It is made of perlite particles. A lot more than 5 times
- Great thermal insulation: The thermal conductivity is .08w/mk, that is 20-30 times those of ordinary cement.
- It provides good compressive strength: if the density is 350kg/m3, the compressive strength is 6kg/cm2 in 7 days and 9kg/cm2 in 28 days.
- Good moisture resistance: You will have no condensation around the warm water pipes during heating, and you will have no splitting in between the layers.
- Good bonding: The material utilized in foamed cement is cement, that has an outstanding bond with all the upper and lower layers and will not cause hollowing or collapse of the ground.
- Fast construction speed: each shift can construct 3000-4000 square meters, saving the construction period
- Good integrity: One-time pouring has no gaps and interruptions and will be combined entirely with all the cast-in-place floor slab and mortar layer to make a whole.
- It provides an anti-permeability effect: Because of the porous and integral nature of foamed cement, the anti-permeability is much more than six times stronger than that of ordinary floor slabs.
- Fireproof: Foamed cement is an inorganic material (cement) that will not burn and thus has good fire resistance. When used on buildings, it could increase the fireproof performance of the building.
Exactly what are the types of cement foaming agents?
Plant-based cement foaming agent
It utilizes imported high-grade natural plant polymer products as basic materials and is also generated via an accumulation of complicated chain reactions. The product is a pure and clear oily liquid with a light yellow color. It is far from responsive to difficult water, non-toxic, odor-free, and sediment-free. The PH worth is near neutral, non-corrosive to cement and steel, and will not contaminate the setting. The frothing representative is storage-resistant, tough to degrade, has exceptional frothing performance, rich foam, and modest foam stability. Utilizing this frothing agent to make foamed cement has the attributes of reduced usage, affordability, stability, and high quality. Each barrel of frothing agent (200kg) can generate 500 m2 of foamed cement, therefore it is commonly found in floor home heating jobs. In roofing insulation projects, building prices may be considerably minimized.
Animal-based cement foaming agent
It uses selected animal (cow, sheep) keratin because the primary raw material and is also made through several hydrolysis reactions, heating and dissolving, dilution, filtration, and high-temperature shrinkage. It is produced using imported advanced equipment and also the latest manufacturing technology. Strict quality management is implemented during the production process. The product is a deep brown viscous liquid with low impurity content, light irritating odor, uniform quality, quality of sound consistency, outstanding foaming, and excellent foam stability; this is a new generation of animal-based cement foaming agents. Because of the high surface strength of the foam made by this foaming agent, the foam is highly stable. The bubbles of the foamed cement created using it are in a closed state independent of each other, and there is absolutely no link between the bubbles. The permeability resistance of the foamed cement products is very high. In the same density, in comparison with foamed cement created using plant-based foaming agents, it has better sealing as well as heat preservation properties and higher strength.
The applications of cement foaming agent
- Construction field
Cement foaming agents are popular inside the construction area and therefore are mainly utilized to produce lightweight concrete, thermal insulation materials, thermal insulation materials, sound-absorbing materials, etc. Lightweight wet-condensation materials have the main advantages of lightweight thermal insulation, sound absorption, etc. These are popular in building walls, floors, roofs, partitions, as well as other components. Thermal insulation materials can be used building insulation, heat insulation, fire protection, etc. Sound-absorbing materials can be used building sound insulation and noise reduction.
- Road field
Cement foaming agents will also be utilized in the broad area and therefore are mainly utilized to produce lightweight pavement materials, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight pavement materials have the main advantages of light, wear resistance, and anti-aging and will reduce road noise and vibration. Sound insulation materials can be used road sound insulation, noise reduction, etc. Waterproof materials can be used road waterproofing and anti-seepage.
- Bridge field
Cement foaming agents will also be utilized in the bridge area, mainly utilized to produce lightweight bridge decks, sound insulation materials, waterproof materials, etc. Lightweight bridge deck has the main advantages of being lightweight, high strength, and good durability, which could detect the weight of the bridge and extend the service life of the bridge. Sound insulation and waterproof materials can be used bridge sound insulation, waterproofing, etc.
High Quality Foaming Agent Supplier
Trunnano Info Technology Co., Ltd is a supplier of concrete additives, that are concrete foaming agent and relative products with well over 12 years expertise in nano-building energy conservation and nanotechnology development. It accepts payment via Bank Card, T/T, West Union and Paypal. Trunnano will ship the goods to customers overseas through FedEx, DHL, by air, or by sea. Should you be looking for high quality concrete Additives, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry. ([email protected])